Tabs

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time Flies

OK, So I am not good at blogging. But I think I'm going to get better at it now that I learned a few things from a really good blogger. Clair Harper is her name! Thanks. She is working in Alaska for the summer with the tourist industry and renting a room from us, so I get to learn as much as I can from her while she is here. :) So expect to see some setting changes and more pictures, and music on my blog in a few days... or weeks!

What to say, where to start... I'm just going to keep it simple actually. I moved into my new home. It's gorgeous, we love it. There were quite a few startling eye openers as to cost of oil bills and repairs though. Which we are slowly getting sorted out, but that's for another post at an earlier time of night.

We got a dog, named Dixie Lee. She is a hound and beagle mix. Stubbern animal! I love her, she is my puppy, and for right now, my baby, but sometimes... she is just John's dog. Actually, a lot of the time, she is just John's dog! lol. I will post pics of her later. There are so many stories of her, I might need to start a personal tab for her!

John is still loving his career as a court service officer. And I'm still working at my job I mentioned in earlier posts as a recpetionist at an accounting firm. It's going well. I got a $2.00 raise within a year of working there! I still can't believe it!

Life is busier than ever, I'm not sure what is making it that way, but it seems as though we are always on the run doing something. Whether running to Home Depot, Costco, or Fred Meyer for  house supplies and groceries, or going to play co-ed softball on Thurday night (Just ended the season though). Or just cleaning or repairng our house in all the different ways. I'm ready to start managing my time a little more though, so I can feel more well-rounded, and like I accomplish more when I'm not at work.

Still no kids, nor am I quite at the level to want kids. I thought I was, then I thought I wasn't, and I am still so dang wishy washy on the subject, that I just don't think its time for us yet. I think John and I are going to get more serious about it in December though. We will pray about it and see where we are at. It's so tough knowing when the right time is to start a family, and its so tough, when you don't feel any grand urge or excitement about it either. I know I need to be a mom, and that's my role, and it will be exciting and good... but I'm just not feeling it... I'll be 25 in February though, so the clock is going to start ticking in a while. Really though, is there ever really a good time to have kids? I have to keep reminding myself that, no matter when I decide to have kids there will always be issues... transmission goes out,  car accident, life disasters... so that shouldn't be one of my excuses as to not have kids... Maybe I'm being selfish. I don't know. But for right now... I have no immediate plans to have a baby. If you don't like that, ask me on a different day what I think, and I will most likely have a different opinion on the subject. :oP

Well those are some quick updates and thoughts for the evening.... Have a good night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe.. this was a good read :)